A garage door is a good investment for your house. Not only would it look amazing in your house but it can also add required security.
However, garage doors tend to be wear and tear due to frequent operations and they might stop functioning all of a sudden. There are a lot of things that can possibly go wrong with your garage door. This is why it is essential to learn garage door troubleshooting techniques to keep your garage door working well. In this article, you will take a closer look at various techniques for troubleshooting a malfunctioning garage door. But if you are not confident enough, get professional assistance from a garage door repair company to fix the problems of the garage door.
- Check if your garage door opens or closes on its own: First of all, check the master switch to determine if it is working or not. In case, it works by using a master switch, it indicates that the remote, sensors, or antenna is likely to go bad. If it does not function, it might be an electrical system of running gear that needs attention.
- Make sure that the cord is properly plugged in: It is one of the important things that can make any garage door expert go crazy. Discovering the unplugged cord would most likely make you feel crazy but it will save you from a ton of troubles in the future.
- Check the motor: A garage door motor can be prone to different troubles. If you are not sure what is going bad, check if it is overheated. If it does, allow it to be cool for several minutes. After fixing it, you can test your garage door once again.
- Check the performance of sensors: One overlooked component is the garage door sensor. There is a possibility that they might be misaligned, damaged, or obstructed. It can make your remote useless. If the remote is properly aligned them remove any potential obstruction like cobwebs or dust.
- Check the condition of the remote: There is a possibility that the remote of your garage door has low batteries but not the garage door. If the remote has enough battery. Also, check if the buttons are not working completely.
- Check the running gears: Your garage door may not work properly due to the malfunctioning running gears. There are chances that the gears or sprockets are damaged or running dry. It is something where you need to put special attention to fix the non-working garage door.
- Inspect the wiring of the garage door: If everything is plugged in completely and running gears look solid, it might indicate that the electric system of the garage door is to blame. There is a possibility that the wires are broken or the circuit is fused.
Before conducting garage door repair on your own, it is essential to perform some troubleshooting tests to determine what exactly is going wrong. Although you can do easy tasks on your own, it is strongly suggested that get some professional assistance for the complicated tasks.